Whether you want to go with a small arrangement or go all out, the options when Picking Wedding Flowers are endless.
Picking wedding flowers comes down to personal choices, tastes, style and also what’s available at the time of year you say I do.
When it comes to deciding on your wedding flowers it’s best to start with a few ideas of what you want:
- Start your research early and make notes of what flowers you do and don’t like.
- Decide if you want small and understated or lots of volume and high impact.
- Decide on a flower budget.
- Choose the type of flowers you actually want and ensure they are in season based on your wedding date.
- If you have a wedding or colour theme in place, ensure it can be matched. Are you going for a neutral look, pastel or even bright colours?
- Do you have a favourite flower but aren’t sure if it’ll be available? Speak to someone in the know, they can point you in the right direction or suggest a suitable alternative.
- Decide what you want the flowers for – bunches for the bride and bridesmaids, buttonholes, corsages, reception décor and the all-important bouquet toss.
- But above all else, make sure your flowers say something about you and who you are, don’t go choosing a bunch of roses because you’ve been told you have to!
Research & Connect…
One of the top suggestions we can make is to talk to a florist/flower stylist about what it is you have in mind. They’ll pinpoint the best options for keeping it simple or going bigger, whatever your preference. They can also help if you need hypo-allergenic flowers, and are amazing at matching table décor to suit your theme. Of course, they also know the best options to enjoy your flowers even longer than just your wedding day!
To help you get started, how about checking out these gorgeous arrangements by Scentsational Flowers!
Looking for more tips to help you plan your wedding day? Head over to the Melbourne Bridal Expos online directory for wedding expos and supplier information.